When involved in any car or truck accident, it is extremely important not to delay in following the proper steps to protect your rights as an accident victim.
I cannot stress enough the importance of doing a few things correctly from the onset after an accident.
Here they are:
- Don’t allow any vehicles to be moved before the police arrive.
- If you are able, take as many photos as you can.
- Say only what you must when answering questions and explaining what happened. Less is best!
- Take the ambulance to the emergency room or get someone to take you that same day or night.
- File all treatments with any health insurance you may have.
- Call an experienced attorney within a day or two of your accident. DO NOT speak to any insurance adjusters!
To make the whole process easy for you after an auto or truck accident, you can download the Stillman and Friedland Law Firm App FREE for Apple or Android devices. We designed this App to do all these things for you if you find yourself in an accident. Download the App now:
Also, following the above points will also help your case in the event you need to make a claim for damages and injuries from any accident.
As always, you may call or email any time for information.
Auto and Truck Accident Lawyer
Stillman & Friedland